No need to be intimated with serving steak for a special dinner or a cookout ever again. This simple and easy to follow recipe will ensure you serve a perfect barbeque steak - juicy, tender and flavourful - every single time!
PERFECTLY GRILLED BBQ STEAK
Prep time: 30 minutes
Grill time: 15 minutes
Serves 1 to 2
1 ½ inch thick ribeye
1 teaspoon olive oil
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
- Remove the steak from the fridge, make sure it’s thoroughly thawed.
- Trim the outer layer of fat to avoid flare-ups on the grill or burnt flavour to the steak.
- Pat dry and brush each side with olive oil to coat.
- Prepare the rub by combining the salt, black pepper and white pepper in a small bowl. Rub each side generously and let the steak sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your grill to high heat or approximately 260°C. Sear steak for 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the steak reaches the desired doneness level (see doneness guide below).
- Once cooked, remove the steaks from the grill and place them on a serving plate. Immediately top with a tablespoon of butter, cover with aluminum foil, and rest the steak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve.
Steak Doneness Guide
- Rare: Remove from heat at 49°C, steak looks red and shiny and very soft to touch
- Medium-Rare: Remove from the grill once the internal temperature reaches 54°C, colour varies from deep red to pink. Soft to the touch but has a slight resistance when pressed.
- Medium: Stop cooking at 57°C, should have a light pink colour in the middle. Feels somewhere in between firm and soft
- Medium-Well: Ideally cooked at 60°C. Steak will have light pink colour with graying on the edges. When pressed, steak feels firm with some resistance.
- Well: Cooked at 65°C. Should have no pinkness and feels firm to touch.
The Best Grill For The Perfect Steak
The secret to the perfectly cooked barbeque steak lies in your choice of meat, proper seasoning and of course, the perfect grill.
Cooking steaks on gas grills such as what Cronin Alfresco Outdoor Kitchen offers are very convenient. Part of its appeal is that they heat up fast and requires the shortest amount of pre-heating before you can start grilling. Outdoor barbeque also carries many accessory options that can enhance the cooking experience. And because they are made from premium stainless steel, Cronin Alfresco Barbeque are very durable and easy to clean.
To find the Cronin Alfresco Outdoor Kitchen that suits your lifestyle, click here.